Saturday, January 5, 2013

MONACO FEAR (COCKTAIL RECIPE)






This cocktail recipe from Food & Wine arrived in my email this morning and actually looks really good.

I’m not a great one for cocktails (although I do appreciate their art and science), but I think the combination of scotch, Bénédictine, bitters and lemon would be great and it’s both elegant and simple.

The name Monaco Friar is terrible, though.  I suggest Monaco Fear, which is also pretty awful, but begins to find the right track, I think.


Monaco Friar
 

Contributed by Anthony Schmidt

One of Anthony Schmidt’s favorite drinks is the Monaco Friar. “I love how the honey and herbal qualities of the Bénédictine pair with a fine Scotch,” he says. “It’s a perfect drink during the colder months.”

1.       Ice
2.      2 ounces Scotch
3.      1/2 ounce Bénédictine 
           (brandy-based herbal liqueur)
4.      3 dashes of Angostura bitters
5.      1 lemon twist, for garnish 

Fill a chilled rocks glass with ice. Add the Scotch, Bénédictine and bitters; stir well. Garnish with the lemon twist.  



No comments:

Post a Comment