Monday, April 14, 2014

SPRING FEELINGS T2O


                        


                         
                                    sky
                                    every
                                    day


Note:  I had a strong feeling yesterday that I should post something about Spring Feelings (because I'm feeling them strongly, almost tempestuously) and was immediately drawn to trying to find something by the poet Aram Saroyan that was consonant with my emotions.  I think the photograph, which seems to accompany a work called Umm (I might be mistaken about this), is remarkable and, as they say, too good not to share.  The three-line poem, which is taken from 5 POEMS 1966-1967, sums it all up for me in terms of looking up, not down.  I figured out eventually why I associated Saroyan and Spring and had a positive shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment