Sunday, May 25, 2014

LIKE A BOSS




The blogger faces the daily problem of what to post -- what words and images to combine that might somehow make sense, provoke thought and give pleasure to the viewer/reader.

It is often a satisfying challenge.

This morning I noticed that the Democratic party is apparently considering printing the above image and legend in the form of a physical and digital bumper sticker for mass circulation.  Obviously, it's supposed to be broadly appealing and inspiring but I don't understand why, not at all.

I suppose I should state (and emphasize) that this is real.  I'm not making it up.  Jimmy Reed had it right. Kevin Ayers also. If I'm not mistaken, so did Spongebob.

Jimmy Reed: Big Boss Man (Link)

Kevin Ayers: Stranger In Blue Suede Shoes (Link) 

Good Memorial Day weekend from the land of the led/misled.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment