Friday, August 1, 2014

MISERY




Misery
I know you got troubles but you don't have to spread it about
Misery
You moan and you groan but all of that I can live without
Well
Until you stop worrying about yourself
You'll never get anywhere with me
I'll still be hanging in there but you're still a misery

Until you learn to laugh you'll never come to any parties at my house
And if you go on like this the only house you'll ever visit is the nut house
You're such a misery, why don't you learn to laugh
Look in the mirror and don't take yourself so seriously

Well
Dollar bills could fall from the sky
But still you wouldn't be satisfied
But I'm not going to let you depress me
You're such a misery 


 


Kinks: Misery (Link)

Upper:  Paul Gaughin, The Painter of Sunflowers (Portrait of Vincent Van Gogh), oil on canvas, 1888, Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam

Lower:  Vincent Van Gogh, Old Man With His Head In His Hands (At Eternity’s Gate), lithograph, Teheran Museum of Contemporary Art, 1882.

Note:  What a great song; I’ve never understood why it isn’t more popular.  I identify with both characters, don't you?  I don’t think I have ever heard it played on the radio.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment